Sunday 18 July 2010

Engagement

We got engaged on the 5th of July 2010 in France. Here is a picture of the ring: "The 0.7 carat aquamarine is set designer ring with intertwined lines, it has four prongs (with a diamond shape) each set with a round brillian cut diamond" (from the London Victorian Ring company)
Here is where the proposal took place... in the middle of fields and forest, next to a little stream with a stone bridge to cross it, there was a horse in a field next to it, a little red squirrel came very close to us.

That was me coming back just before Tom proposed to me because we took a bottle of white wine but forgot the corkscrew, so I had to go and get it while the bottle setting in between rocks in the stream which cooled it down better than a fridge would.
This is a photo take by Tom while waiting for my return.
We went to the restaurant with my family on a different day after which is a chinese restaurant with a glass floor where you can see fishes swimming underneath your feet. On the left is me, then Tom, then my grandfather (Marcel BURLIGA), my grandmother (Colette BURLIGA), my sister (Harmonie LAURENT) and my sister's boyfriend (Romain DESCARGUES).
To celebrate (again), my grandfather opened a bottle of Champagne Bonaparte! (which meant a lot to him, everyone who knows him would know about his cult of Napoleon BONAPARTE).

3 Comments:

At 18 July 2010 at 22:31 , Blogger Clare Dudman said...

This is such a lovely post, Angie - I especially like the bit about the place where Tom proposed. Very romantic!

 
At 19 July 2010 at 11:22 , Blogger Angie said...

Thank you Clare! Yes, it was very simple but SO nice and intimate.

 
At 14 August 2018 at 22:19 , Blogger Unknown said...

hey Angie, i know it has been a few years since you got engageed, but congratulations!! I dont know if you will ever read this, but my mom and dad drank the same exact champagner, as you did when they got engaged in 1994 !!! now my mom is turning 50 in a couple of weeks and she is always talking about "the best champagner she ever had the pleasure of drinking". But i cannot find it anywhere besides your picture. Do you have any idea where I could find another bottle? it would really mean alot to me! And if nobody will every read this (what I feel will happen.....), welp it was a try :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home